The 8(a) Business Development Program is a business assistance program for small disadvantaged businesses. The 8(a) Program offers a broad scope of assistance to firms that are owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. The 8(a) Program is an essential instrument for helping socially and economically disadvantaged entrepreneurs gain access to the economic mainstream of American society. The program helps thousands of aspiring entrepreneurs to gain a foothold in government contracting. Sybersense is a certified 8(a) company.
As an 8(a) certified small business, Sybersense can fully participate in the numerous sole-source and set-aside procurement opportunities offered by the Federal government. Sole source contracts can be approved in a matter of days. Federal Agencies with a Small Business Program will understand how to guide their contracting officers, planners and engineers through the sole source contract program. Because the 8(a) program is a federal mandate, Federal Agencies receive credit for the amount of work they issue to an 8(a) company. The current sole source ceiling value is $4.5 million per contract. Sybersense' SBA 8(a) certification is valid through February 2028.
The 8(a) sole source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
1. Reduced decision cycle: the time required to award an 8(a) sole source contract is usually within days.
2. Lowered administrative costs: procurement process and time is reduced to a minimum.
3. Prices reflecting the best value: agency negotiates with the firm directly to get the best value.
4. Credit for promoting small business participation within agency.
5. Can initiate a contract with a simple high level statement of work.